- Area: 36.8㎢ (Tourism & Leisure Area Zones I & II: 31.6㎢, Sinsi-Yami District: 1.9㎢, Gogunsangundo Islands Zone: 3.3㎢)
- Development direction: Attract tourism capital from Korea and abroad to create a large-scale tourism and leisure space, and maximize the synergy by connecting all the zones
Saemangeum Tourism & Leisure AreaⅠ
Location & Size: Starting point of Saemangeum Sea Dike #1, 9.9㎢
Development direction: A symbolic visitor reception area with commercial, accommodations and entertainment
functions as the gateway to Saemangeum
Target facilities for construction: Large-scale resorts, convention centers, aqua park, premium outlet mall, etc.
- Near outstanding tourism resources such as the Buan Byeonsanbando National Park
- Complete or divisional development depending on the development strategy of the project implementer
- Completion of reclamation for the gateway (1.0㎢) by the Jeonbuk Development Corporation (raw land available for private investors)
Saemangeum Tourism & Leisure AreaⅡ
Location & Size: Starting point of Saemangeum Sea Dike #1, 21.7㎢
Development direction: A cluster of large-scale resorts that can meet the domestic tourist demand
Target facilities for construction: Hotels, conventional halls, premium outlet mall, bio-medical R&D centers,
marine leisure cluster, etc.
- Introduce leisure and living functions using waterways to create a waterway-oriented tourist city
- Form new and creative spaces by reflecting the ideas suggested by investors
Location & Size: Midpoint of Saemangeum Sea Dike, 1.93㎢
Target facilities for construction: Theme park, hotels, golf course (9-hole), aquarium, etc.
- At the midpoint of Saemangeum Sea Dike with easy access to the entire Saemangeum area
- Mixed-type development incorporating sale and lease
|Marine sports and recreation||
Location & Size: Near the midpoint of Saemangeum Sea Dike, 3.26㎢
(public and state-owned lands: 1.34㎢, privately owned lands: 1.92㎢)
Target facilities for construction: Marine tourism complex incl. Gogunsan marine theme park,
marine vacation-themed hotels· resorts, Gogunsan marina and harbor, etc.
- Creation of a marine ecology-themed resort with the cultural characteristics of the three islands: Sinsido, Munyeodo and Seonyudo - Excellent accessibility with a road connecting the Gogunsan Archipelago: Opening of a road connecting Sinsido, Munyeodo and Seonyudo islands